This is another crock pot recipe that was a complete success! I found this recipe on Paleomg.com. I wasn’t too sure about how I would like it, but I am glad to say it turned out great and everyone in my family liked it too! It took about 5 minutes to prepare and I let it cook while I was at work! So easy.
- 2lb pork shoulder roast (or any other roast you prefer)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- ⅔ cup beef or chicken broth OR water
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger (use ground ginger if you don’t have fresh on hand)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 bay leaf
1. Add the broth, bay leaf, and onions into your crock pot. Then place your pork in.
2. Now, I just poured the honey on the pork, and then added all the spices, and put the apples on last. That simple! (feel free to play around with the order. Also, I forgot to, but I would poke holes in the pork so all the flavors can soak into the meat)
3. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on high or 8-10 on low.
4. Shred the pork and EAT!