Cinnamon rolls are one of those foods I do not ever think of until I see them… covered in sugar, glaze, cinnamon, & making everything in the area smell amazing. At that point, I must have. Then guilt follows for not being able to stop at just one :)
These are a great replacement for the 2347392 calorie ones. Check out the original post here at Paleocupboard.com
- 1-3/4 C. Almond Flour
- 1/4 C. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 t. Sea Salt
- 1/4 C. Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 T. Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 T. Vanlla
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 2 T. Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 T. Cinnamon
- any other filling you would want, (paleo or non–dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.)
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 1/4 C. Coconut Oil
- 2 T. Vanilla
1) Whisk wet ingredients into a large bowl (vanilla, eggs, oil, honey)
2) Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flours, salt)
3) Add the dry ingredients into the wet. Dough is very sticky, so make sure your hands are oiled before handling. Knead until smooth (Truthfully, I failed majorly at this step and just plopped it back in the bowl, which is probably why my dough does not look like the original post, or I could just suck :p)
4) Place in fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
5) Mix together the filling in a bowl.
6) Roll out dough in between two pieces of wax paper (cover with olive oil spray to avoid it sticking) to make a large rectangle
7) Cover with filling and roll. This part is messy and hard. I slid a knife under dough so it would roll easier. I just went slowly, and my filling oozed out–next time I would use less to avoid this.
8) Once rolled, cut into 2 inch sections, and place on a greased baking sheet. They are not very pretty, but even a blob of a cinnamon roll is still good.
9) Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
10) Pour glaze over rolls.