Alright, I know you have been dying to see this all week! How to make a pikachu costume :)
and I hope the posts this past week have given you inspiration or ideas for your own costume, but for Pikachu, here is what you will need:
- yellow foam
- cotton balls or pillow stuffing
- hot glue gun
- black and brown paint
- a headband
- yellow shirt
- red face make-up (for cheeks)
- big piece of cardboard (enough to make the tail)
- Cut the yellow foam into two tall triangles (make it as tall as you want the ears to be)
- Hot glue the edges together and stuff it with cotton balls
- Cover your headband in yellow fabric (if you want) or just leave plain
- Then hot glue the ears to your headband.
- Paint the tips black
- Cut the shape of his tail out of cardboard
- Paint it to match Pikachu’s tail or use foam like I did (and then paint just the brown on)
- Cut a hole out of the top and bottom to secure to shirt later
Sorry for the blurry picture (this was with one coat of paint)
- Have a yellow shirt (or whatever you are using for your outfit) and paint two brown ovals on the back
Here is my whole outfit!
And the whole thing, put together!
Pikachu and Ash from Pokemon
as you can see, I decided not to add the face paint because I was afraid of smearing it
oh, and I cannot forget the nails!
This is my favorite costume to date, but I think this years might top it!
Come back Monday to see :)