I do not know about you guys, but I CANNOT wait for Halloween this year. Well, the weekend before! I am so excited about my costume and I am hosting my first Halloween Party! I thought I would show you guys a few of the projects I have made specifically for the party, and then do a big post the Monday after showing how I actually used them. Today, I am showing you how to make tissue paper pom poms because they are SO easy, cheap, and extremely popular right now.
What you will need:
- Tissue paper (each pom pom took 6-8 pieces, but you could always use more to make it fuller, however, I would not recommend less then 6 pieces)
- Wire, string, pipe cleaner… something that you can use to tie off the middle (you will see below where to use it, and then you can decide what you have around the house that will work for you)
- Something to hang them with. I used ribbon, but fishing line or string would work well too
- Scissors (and/ or wire cutters in my case)
1) Stack your tissue paper in the order you would like, so they line up.
2) Fold accordion style, using about 1″ sections
3) Once you have it folded all the way to the end, In the middle tie your wire, or whatever you chose around the middle.
4) Tie whatever you will use to hang this onto that wire
5) Cut the ends. You can round them, or make them into points. Each makes a different final product. I used a point.
6) Then open up each side & carefully pull up each section
7) You have a POM POM! You might need to mess around with each layer until you get it how you like, but this whole thing shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
I made three total, using different colors. I cannot wait to show you how I use them at the party! Come back Monday to see all the details!