I have officially ate more candy this past week then should be allowed. I can feel the effects on my motivation, mood, energy level, and can see the effects physically on my skin and with my expanding belly :) So, this week, I knew I had to make a drastic change to start feeling better!
Now, the title here is a little ironic because even though I am starting to eat MAINLY paleo again, the first thing I made was a dessert. Gotta start somewhere though, right! It has been a few months since I have posted any recipes, so I am excited to start sharing them with you all again! This paleo berry crumble is very similar to these Paleo Berry Bars I have shared in the past, but this recipe is much easier. This recipe does not require a crust, and you can just throw the frozen berries in there instead of spending time cooking the berries first. The topping however, is very similar.
- 3-4 C. Frozen Berries ( You could use fresh berries too, but follow the steps for the fresh berries from this recipe)
- 1/2 t. Cinnamon
- 1 C. Almond Flour
- 1/2 t. Sea Salt
- 1/4 t. Baking Soda
- 1 C. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 C. Walnuts (or nut of your choice), chopped
- 1/2 C. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 C. Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees,
- Lay your berries in a 2-qt. baking dish, sprinkle cinnamon on top. Note: Grease your pan if you would like! I forgot to, but thankfully these did not stick.
- In a Medium sized bowl, mix together your almond flour, coconut, walnuts, sea salt, and baking soda.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the coconut oil and then add the honey in at the end.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir.
- Add this onto the berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden.