Happy Monday! I hope you all enjoyed the weekend. It was sunny, yet chilly here in Littleton, but I am just glad the snow they predicted did not make an appearance! Is it snowing where you are?!
This was not as orangey as I thought it would be, it was a very subtle orange taste. Next time I am going to add more orange juice and zest!
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, chopped
- Sea Salt and pepper
- 4 T. Bacon Fat
- 1 C. Water
- 1/2 C. Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- Zest of a Large Orange
- 3 T. Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 1/2 t. Ginger
- 2 T. Arrowroot Powder
- Chop your chicken, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, allow the bacon fat to get hot, and then cook chicken until browned. Once browned, remove excess oil/fat from pan. Note: I did not allow mine to brown, but I wish I would have.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together all sauce ingredients and place in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Let this mixture thicken and then remove from heat. Mine took about 10 minutes to start thickening up.
- Pour half this sauce mixture over the cooked chicken and save the extra for any sides you make. I made cauliflower fried rice to go with mine.