One of my favorite parts about December is all the baking. My baking, others baking, and sharing all the treats! I just ignore all the sugar, and regret it later. :) I especially like the huge variety of goodies this time of year, and that some are only really made around the holidays. So it is okay to splurge a little on food since you only eat it once a year, right?!
I will be sharing some of my family favorites in the next weeks, but will start with one of the most popular, common cookies… a paleo chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 C. Almond Flour
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/8 t. Baking Soda
- 1/4 t. Cinnamon
- 3 T. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 T. Honey
- 1-1/2 t. Vanilla
- 2 T. Water
- 1/4 C. Chocolate Chips, I used Enjoy Life Mini Chips (dairy, nut, and soy free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Combine in the wet ingredients
- Add water to bring it all together
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Place dough on a greased cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden
- Let cookies sit for about 5 minutes after removing from oven, to firm up.
- EAT! This recipe made 10 cookies
Perfect for Santa…
Happy Holidays and Happy Baking!