Better late than never, right?!
If you follow me on instagram, I posted this picture before Easter with a promise to post them before the holiday. AND it did not happen.
Anyway, here they are…. super moist and delicious. I found the recipe here, and changed it up a bit…
- 2 C. Almond Flour
- 1/4 t. Sea Salt
- 1/4 t. Baking Soda
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- 6 T. Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/8 C. Honey
- 1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 C. Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- optional: raisins and walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix until well-combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Fold in shredded carrots and coconut.
- Using your hands or a large spoon, scoop out a small handful and shape into a ball. Then gently press down on each cookie. At this point, I added walnuts to half.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly golden brown around the edges. Cookies will be very soft.
- I sprinkled a few with more shredded coconut, as well.