This past week was the first week Bobby and I attempted this IIFYM (if it fits your macros) thing. Which is basically where you eat to hit a certain amount of fats, protein, carbs, and calories per day. The calculator on the website breaks it all down for you after you fill out basic information about your body, goals, and how often you eat. It is actually really interesting because you can technically eat junk food as long as you stay within your target area. Personally, I do not like that, but it is possible to do. I guess it will be nice on those days when I am craving something you normally couldn’t have with other meal plans. Read more about it on the website here.
Then calculator gives you percentages…
Yours should be different, as if goes off weight, body fat, etc. in step one. It is customizable to you.
Something I like so far is the high carb allowance. Which to me, means healthy breads, and baked goods! :) I am having a harder time hitting my protein though. I use the Lose It app to track my macros through out the day and find it extremely helpful.
I plan on trying this for a month and seeing what results I get. I like trying new things because it keeps me focused and it makes me try new things.
I made some Coconut Blueberry Banana pancakes this past weekend. Not everything I post from here on out will be strictly paleo because IIFYM allows me to eat a larger variety. However, most will be healthy :)
For these pancakes you will need:
- 3/4 C. Blueberries
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1/4 C. Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4-1/3 C. Coconut Flour
- Start by taking 1/2 C. of the blueberries and banana and mixing those together until smooth. I used our nutribullet to blend up the blueberries prior, but not required.
- Place this fruit mixture in a bowl and add in the egg, coconut, and flour. (Note: This batter is thicker than any of my previous pancake recipes).
- Bake! I added whole blueberries into the pancakes once I had poured the batter on the pan.
- These took longer to cook then normal pancakes so be patient. I kept trying to flip mine too early. I was hungry :)
- Add toppings, if you want them, and eat!
Check out my other Paleo Pancakes below: