I decided I am going to make a weekly series of different protein desserts! Check out the last one here. (Strawberry Banana Protein Muffins). Mainly because I recently bought a bunch of Cellucor protein from bodybuilding.com and want to test out the different flavors. They were having a buy 2 get 1 free sale, so I was able to get three different flavors for $60 rather than the usual $30-45 for just one at GNC or vitamin shoppe. I bought cake batter, mint chocolate chip, and cinnamon swirl. So, stay tuned for muffins or other goodies using those flavors.
Today I used chocolate because I thought that sounded the best with zucchini, and I really wanted to use zucchini. I have a few other zucchini recipes, like paleo zucchini bread or my non-paleo zucchini muffins, that always remind me of this time of the year.
Macros: 91 Calories each and the breakdown below:
- 2 C. Shredded Zucchini
- 1 C. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1-1/2 C. Rolled Oats, turned into flour using the Nutri-Bullet
- 1 C. Chocolate Protein, I used Amplify XL
- 1/2. t Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1-1/2 t. Baking Powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional- 2 packs stevia, and chocolate chips
- Shred your zucchini and set aside
- If you are using oats, use your nutri-bullet to make a fine flour or use almond flour :)
- Mix together all dry ingredients: oat flour, protein, bs, bp, salt, and stevia
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and yogurt. Blend it all together.
- Add in zucchini and hand mix until combined. At this point you can add raisins, chocolate, etc. I just sprinkled dairy free/soy free chocolate chips on top of a few
- Spray pan or use cupcake liners and fill each about 3/4 of the way
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Enjoy :)