I saw these on pinterest and HAD to make them.
These are the fun cupcakes I referred to in this post.
What you will need:
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Brownie Mix
- Sesame Seeds
- White Icing
- Yellow, Green, and Red Dye
They look like little sliders :) Everyone at the BBQ loved them! They did comment though on how it messed with their heads–eating something that looked A LOT like a real slider, then tasting a brownie and cake instead.
- Bake the cupcakes according to the instructions.
- Bake the brownies according to the instructions.
- Once the desserts have cooled, cut the cupcakes in half and using something round (like a cookie cutter or cup) cut the brownies to fit the cupcakes.
- Divide the icing into three bowls and dye each- one yellow, one green, and one red. Mine turned out pink, red dye never comes out red :(
- I put the icing into bags and cut the bottom corner off and drizzled the icing around the edges of the brownie to look like the condiments.
- Top with the cupcake. I patted it with water using my finger and sprinkled sesame seeds to make them look like buns.
I was so happy with the color of the yellow cake. It looks just like a bun. Also, the brownie was moist and fudgey and perfect.