This is one of those times where I wish I had taken WAY more pictures.
Our housewarming party was this past weekend and while the house is no where near done or decorated, it was great to have all our family and friends over to enjoy it with us. We had a great time and are so thankful for everything.
For food we made:
- Chili with cornbread and all the toppings. (Sour cream and cheese are missing from the trays in the above picture).
- Garlic artichoke dip
- Veggie Tray
- Chips and dip (also missing from the above picture)
- Mini Blueberry and Cherry pies (How to below!)
- Homemade pumpkin bars
- and Caramel apple wedges
I bought caramel in a container from the produce section next to the apples. Melted it as directed, and dipped the apples. Super easy and a big hit.
For the mini pies:
- I bought pie filling (blueberry and cherry) and pie crust mix
- Prepare as directed
- Roll out the dough and using a cookie cutter, cut out an even number of crust pieces.
- Add a little bit of filling onto one piece and then add another piece of crust to the top.
- Using a fork, go around the edges to seal in the filling.
- If you fill the pieces to full, you will have a huge mess when using the fork.
- Bake. Mine took about 15 minutes. They were golden brown around the edges
- I stored them in a covered bowl over night and they were still nice and soft the next night for the party!