Picking bridesmaids is a big deal. I wanted to ask mine in a cute way, and a personalized box seemed perfect. I started by searching for ideas on Pinterest. I found so many options, and I took some ideas from there, but I figured I would just go shopping and see what I could find.
I wanted each box to show a quick glimpse into my vision for the wedding. It included the colors, different textures I was planning on using, and a cute little note that described the important stuff like their dresses, location, etc.
Here is what I came up with:
- I used a piece of paper in one of my wedding color, and wrote Bridesmaid? on it. Simple and clear. On the other side of each sheet, I included a little note with some details on the wedding, and what I envisioned for their dresses.
- I found Confetti Poppers in the Dollar Section at Target. The confetti was tissue paper, cut into little circles. They colors did not match my wedding scheme, so I just switched out that confetti for my own. I bought little white heart confetti from a party store and picked out the white confetti from the original popper.
- I also tied a piece of paper to each with the date of the wedding
- I also bought clear rock candy at the party store. I intended to write something like “I got my rock, here is yours”– but I ended up leaving them as is.
- I bought some fake flowers in my wedding colors and added a few into each box
- Each box also had the same lilac colored nail polish.
- At Michael’s, I found metal magnets in each of their initials.
- I went to Home Depot and found my colors in paint swatches. I grabbed enough to cut up and tie together for each box.
- I found the boxes at Michaels, as well. I wanted to keep them light and write each of their names on the lids.
- Lastly, I added a small candle from Bath and Body Works, in Fresh Cut Lilac, since I will be using lilacs in some bouquets.
They turned out exactly like I wanted and I had so much fun putting them together!
I cannot wait to celebrate our day with them!